Job Title: General Manager
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
Direct Reports: Managers
Job Classification: Senior Executive
Job Grade: M12 – M13
The General Manager (GM) will oversee, direct and coordinate activities, operations, and procedures of Guevent Insurance Broker Corporation (GIBCO). The GM will be responsible for the overall effectiveness of the Company’s business as an insurance broker. The GM will have to maintain control of diverse business operations. He/she is expected to be an experienced and effective leader; he/she must have excellent interpersonal skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day-to-day business operations of GIBCO and work with the Middle Management (Operations, Claims, IT, Business Development, Accounting and Finance) to ensure that business goals and objectives are met.
- Design and implement operational plans and procedures to ensure smooth and effective business operations.
- Resolve operational challenges to ensure minimum cost impact and prevent delays in meeting business goals.
- Helps the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in the design and formulation of business strategies and profitability growth objectives.
- Ensure effective implementation of short-term and long-term business strategic plans to be able to achieve financial goals.
- Evaluate Company performance by reviewing analyses of data and metrics. Recommend necessary changes in business operations based on evaluation.
- Manage and maintain relationships with partners, vendors, principals, and other stakeholders.
- Lead employees to ensure optimal performance and dedication.
- Reviews and provide recommending approval in matters of operational planning and implementation, additional capital expenditures and production efficiencies.
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance.
- Other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or other similar fields.
- Preferably with Masters in Business Administration.
- At least 10 years’ experience as a Manager or relevant role in the Insurance Industry.
- Must exhibit extensive knowledge of the Insurance Industry.
- Must have taken insurance seminars from the Insurance Institute for Asia and the Pacific or similar institutions.
- Must qualify as a Soliciting Officer of an Insurance Broker Company.
- Demonstrate competency in strategic planning and business development.
- Must have a working knowledge in data analysis and performance/operations metrics.
- Must have a working knowledge in IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office.
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Must exhibit aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving